EMB allows us to communicate within an organization
in the organization can communicate within groups
or communicate with
Using email as a tool
to communicate is very common, but there are some problems:
1. One might
not know whether recipients have read his mail ( by default ).
If you want to
communicate internally in your organization, then EMB can
be a better choice.
2. If many people have replied to your mail, there
will be many replied mails and it may
be difficult to collaborate.
3. Housekeeping of an email account like purging mails
can be time consuming.
4. It can be slow when you send a mail to many people,
because many copies of the mail
have to be sent.
5. When reading mails, one may find that work related
mails are mixed with many other
mails and it can be messy.
6. Once you send a mail with a mistake, there is no
way of correcting it.
1. The staff in
your organization will be more focused in dealing with work related
2. It is more effective
not just in terms of speed, it also overcomes some of the drawbacks
E-mail mentioned above.
3. With the EMB which
is used for internal communication and normal E-mail for external
it will help your staff to compartmentalize their communications with
4. EMB provides some
good features for communication, which are described below.
Some of the useful EMB features are:
The person who sends the
message to a group or individual can:
1. easily find out who has or has not read the
the replies or responses to the message within one screen
emails out to alert members who have not read the message
Easy to access message :
1. Messages can be grouped according
to senders, recipients and posting dates
2. You can choose
to view all messages, unread messages and your own messages
1. Old messages will either be purged away or archived automatically
2. Users can go
to the archive to read messages
Simple and straight forward
1. The screen layout of the EMB is very simple and user-friendly
it is easy to use and straight forward, there is no training requirement
Next | Previous